If you have purchased one of our styled stock images and would like to add your own text using paint.net we will show you how in this step by step tutorial. Paint.net is a great free image editing program! It allows you to easily add layers so that your text can be added to images.
If you have already purchased images from us go ahead and download and unzip your files.
If you still need to purchase your styled stock images visit our shop here.
After your files are downloaded and extracted open up paint.net.
1. In the left hand corner of paint.net click “file” and then”open” . Locate the image file you would like to edit and then click “open” on your file screen.
2. You will want to resize the image to your liking based on what you will be using the image for. In this example I am going to resize it to my blog post full width of about 740px wide. So click “image” and then from the drop down choose “resize”. A box will pop up where you can enter your dimensions. After you enter your preferred size click “ok”
3. Next you will need to add a new layer. Click “Layer” and then from the drop down choose “Add New Layer”.
4. Now it’s time to add your text! Choose the “T” from the tools menu (If you do not see your tool menu simply click the hammer in the upper right hand corner 2 times). Next choose your font color. You can choose from the swatches or if you click “more” you can enter in your own color if you know the color code. (If you do not see your color box simply click twice on the color circle in the upper right hand corner).
Now click anywhere on the screen and start typing.
5. To change your font style and size simply choose from the font box and right next to that you will see the size box. You can change your font size even after you have added text as long as your cursor is still on your image as soon as you choose another tool, add another layer, or click outside the box your text becomes permanent and you will have to delete the layer if changes are needed.
Need to move your text after you added it? As long as it is still in it’s own layer click on the mouse in the tool icon and drag it where you would like it!
Once you are happy with your text save your file and you are all set!
If you have any questions feel free to ask in the comment section of this post!
We would love to see how you use your stock images purchased from Studio Chic Designs feel free to tag us or use #studiochicdesigns so we can check them out!